A few good reasons to carry your baby
Babies are born with an instinct to cuddle and be held. During pregnancy, the womb is a place of warmth and constant human contact where your baby hears your heartbeat continually. Once they are born, there is a massive change to this environment and it is no wonder they seem to sleep most peacefully when they are being held. Unfortunately colonial tradition seems to prevail in our society where you often hear sayings like,” You will make a rod for your own back if you hold her too often ! “ Thankfully there is a change beginning to happen as parents are returning to what is known as natural parenting, which basically means you follow your instinct as to what is best for your baby.
Dr Sears coined the phrase, “babywearing,” which simply means you use some sort of carrier to make it possible to hold your baby, but be hands free while carrying on with your day to day activities. We are not saying that your baby should never be put down, but rather that when your baby is needing a cuddle, the Noonoo Pie Tie will enable you to do so without putting your whole day on hold (although it can be tempting to spend the day on the couch with a cuddly newborn for an excuse ! )
Here are some facts :
- Babies who are carried a lot are proven to cry and fuss less. This is especially true for newborns who are still trying to adapt to their environment outside the womb. Wearing your newborn is a great way to help your baby make this transition.
- It’s good for your baby’s mental development. Babies who are carried spend more time in an alert, but calm state. This means that they can take in what’s going on around them without getting overstimulated.
- It’s great for your baby’s emotional development. Your baby develops a sense of security and trust when you carry her. They often become more independent at an earlier age because of this.
- It’s even good for your baby’s language development. They are close to your voice and can watch your facial expressions as you interact with the environment and this helps them learn faster.
Here is how the Noonoo Pie Tie will help you :
- It gives you your hands back! Taking care of siblings, chores and shopping are so much easier when you are wearing your baby in the Noonoo Pie Tie.
- It prevents back, shoulder and arm ache. When you hold your baby in your arms, you tend to end up with one of the above. Even a newborn’s weight can cause strain if your posture is incorrect. The Noonoo Pie Tie distributes your baby’s weight evenly across your back and shoulders. Because there are no belts or buckles and it is made from a soft fabric, there are no pressure points and this makes it the most comfortable carrier.
- Your baby never has to miss a nap. Sometimes when you are out and about babies find it hard to nap. Having a familiar environment in the wrap, close to mom’s heartbeat makes it easy for your baby to shut out the world and take a nap when she needs to.
- You can breastfeed discreetly while wearing the sling.
- The Noonoo Pie Tie can be an excellent help to moms with multiples. You can hold newborn twins together in the wrap. As they get older can can no longer both fit in at the same time it is still wonderful to be able to attend to one baby while holding the other in the wrap.
- The Noonoo Pie Tie looks great and covers all the post pregnancy love handles. After all who wouldn’t want to look like a trendy mama ?! Having said that, its not only for moms, but for dads too.